No snow, but perfect weather for curling up with a good book.
These cookies are happy gnomes.
Nine inches since yesterday. Schools are closed. Welcome Winter!
This penguin was found in our backyard today. I think he likes all the snow we received.
Happy Birthday Mark! I love you 🙂
Not much has changed. I am still not very comfortable with horses.
Before Mark headed back to university and Andrea started her dual credit courses, we took a quick trip to South Dakota. We enjoyed exploring Wall Drug before heading to the Badlands.
Yes, it is possible to travel with assorted sizes of “children”!
In case you are wondering what all fits in the van, we have:
- two tents
- seven sleeping bags
- seven pillows
- clothes for 9 days x 7 people (in four suitcases)
- Water bottles for all plus extra water for refilling
- Towels and other daily needs
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner for most meals
- Four camp chairs
- Cook stove and Coleman lantern
- Footlocker full of reusable plates, cups, silverware, clothes line, clothes pegs, fuel for stove and lantern, bug spray, sun screen….
- Snacks and treats while traveling
- One cooler with cheese, lunch meats, pops and fresh fruits and veggies
- Two cameras and one tripod
- Books and activities for everyone to enjoy
- One read out loud book we have been waiting to read
Once we have all that packed, we squeeze in two parents, three full grown (I hope) “children”, one growing-to-quickly adolescent, and an 8 year old.
It is a tight fit, but we always end up with some great memories from our drives.