Yes, it is possible to travel with assorted sizes of “children”!
In case you are wondering what all fits in the van, we have:
- two tents
- seven sleeping bags
- seven pillows
- clothes for 9 days x 7 people (in four suitcases)
- Water bottles for all plus extra water for refilling
- Towels and other daily needs
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner for most meals
- Four camp chairs
- Cook stove and Coleman lantern
- Footlocker full of reusable plates, cups, silverware, clothes line, clothes pegs, fuel for stove and lantern, bug spray, sun screen….
- Snacks and treats while traveling
- One cooler with cheese, lunch meats, pops and fresh fruits and veggies
- Two cameras and one tripod
- Books and activities for everyone to enjoy
- One read out loud book we have been waiting to read
Once we have all that packed, we squeeze in two parents, three full grown (I hope) “children”, one growing-to-quickly adolescent, and an 8 year old.
It is a tight fit, but we always end up with some great memories from our drives.
2 thoughts on “Traveling with Kids”
It looks like everyone is having a good time.
Creating wonderful memories!!! They will sit around and laugh and remember when they are “old”.
Comments are closed.